This quarantine has become a food trap for us and our family. Forcing us to stay at home (for a valid reason of course) has increased the frustration and stress in an exponential way.
The change of routine and the excessive time spent at home inevitably lead us to constantly open the refrigerator out of boredom or to relieve states of anxiety and agitation.
Some famous television chefs suggest dusting old grandmothers’ recipes, which is one of the recipes I will be proposing today. The recipe can be used with bananas or apples.
As we religiously prepare recipe after recipe I also highly suggest that everyone also takes up a daily workout because as the Latin Sages said: “mens sana in corpore sana” (a healthy mind in a healthy body). Also, because if we had to go to the beach this summer, how will we do it? We will no longer fit in our swimsuits.
For now, let’s go back to our delicious recipe. When I thought about making banana dark chocolate nut cake I didn’t expect it to be so good. It really amazed me, with its soft and fluffy dough enriched with crunchy pieces of walnuts.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 70 g butter ~ 5 tbsp
- 70 g 70% dark chocolate (I used chocolate of Modica) 2.5 oz
- 90 g granulate sugar 7 tbsp
- 1 egg
- 45 g 00 flour 3/8 cup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 40 g chopped walnuts 1.41 oz
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double boiler.
- Chop the walnuts in the mixer.
- Work the egg and sugar combo with a whisk until a swollen and frothy mixture is obtained.
- In a bowl, with the help of a fork, mash the two very ripe bananas, reducing them to a puree.
- Add the banana puree, the chocolate with the butter, the chopped walnuts, and the flour with the baking powder to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Transfer what has been obtained into a buttered and floured pan. Bake in a hot oven at 180 ° C for 30-35 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test.
- And when it’s cooled completely, decorate to your pleasure.
- I decorate it with finely chopped walnuts and caramelized chopped bananas.