The Ricotta Cake is a soft and tasty cake with a blood orange scent.
Blood Orange Ricotta Cake is a classic of home-made pastry, all parents, grandparents love to make this cake because it is very easy to prepare since it has very few ingredients, it makes anyone happy.
Also, because it doesn’t contain any flour, so it also makes people that have a gluten-free diet happy.
- 450 g ricotta cheese 16 oz
- 3 eggs
- 100 g granulated sugar 7 tbsp
- 2 tbsp fresh blood orange juice
- 1 grated blood orange peel
- 1 scraped vanilla bean
- Whip whole eggs with the sugar for about ten minutes until they become a frothy cream.
- Add orange juice, orange peels, and the scraped vanilla bean and mix very well.
- Add the drained ricotta blend everything well.
- Prepare a 9-inch cake pan with a parchment paper circle covering the bottom and then grease the sides.
- Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Pour the mixture of ricotta cream into the pan and bake for at least 45 minutes at 356°F (180°C).
- When cooked, take the mold out of the oven and let the cake cool.
- Turn it over, arrange it on a serving plate and let it cool down.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate it how you prefer.