I had promised that soon I would post the very good “Bosco Nevoso” cake.
Even though it is classified among the cheesecakes, Bosco Nevoso Cake is very close to a mousse, with a very delicate and creamy taste.
A base of Sable` Breton and a heart of cream with berries and mascarpone make this cake a perfect dessert for every important occasion.
The Best Cake of Berries “Bosco Nevoso”
- 500 g berries frozen or fresh 17.6oz
- 200 ml whipping cream 1 cup
- 1 glass of fresh orange juice
- 300 g mascarpone cheese 10.6 oz
- 250 g cream cheese 8.8 oz
- 250 g sugar 1 cup ½ + ⅔
- 2 powdered gelatin bags
- 135 g butter ½ cup
- 225 g flour 00
- 90 g sugar 3.5 oz
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- grated orange peel
- Sable Dough
- The crispness is due to the order in which the ingredients are mixed.
- Butter and flour are mixed together before joining the eggs.
- Add softened butter, salt, and orange zest to the flour and mix.
- Once you have this crumbled dough add all the powdered sugar and start to knead.
- Add the egg, previously broken in a bowl, and beat until the whites and yolk becomes one.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes and when it reaches nice consistency, create a ball.
- Put the ball in plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4".
- Using a 10-Inch Round Stainless SteelCutter, mold the dough. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F), until lightly golden brown.
- After washing the berries, put them in a saucepan with 95g of sugar, and let them cook until they release their juice and stir from time to time.
- Use a Hand Blender until getting a smooth cream.
- Filter it in order to remove all seeds.
- Let’s divide it into two parts, one part for the cream and the other to garnish the cake.
- Whip the cream and incorporate little by little the Mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, and the sugar, continue whipping.
- After all, is incorporated put homogenized and filtered berries cream juice and mix very well to make a soft cream.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold fresh orange juice and let stand for5 minutes, dissolve in a pan at low flame.
- Put into the soft cream and stir until it is incorporated.
- Shape into ring cutter and place it into a flat pan and freeze for 2-4 hrs.
- Place the frozen cream on the Sable` Breton base.
- With the remaining berry juice, glaze the cake and put it in the fridge.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with grated white chocolate.