Calamari murati recipe is a good plate to make and share with your friends, especially your foodie friends.
This recipe was handed down to me by my mother-in-law, and I must say that it is a very tasty dish thanks to the very special ingredients that ensures its success at the table.
As some know, most mothers-in-law know how to cook very well, and if you don’t follow what they advise you, they can be a pain in the butt.
I must admit that my mother-in-law is very good at cooking (and she boasts about it a lot too) but I am better at making sweets ?.
- 500 g fresh medium-sized calamari 1.10 pounds
- 450 g diced peeled tomatoes 17.6 oz
- 1 medium onion
- 1 glass of white wine
- olive oil extra virgin
- chopped parsley optional
How to clean the calamari
- Wash the squid under running water.
- With one hand grasp the head of the calamari and with the other, the body gently pulls the head to determine the detachment of the entrails.
- Eliminate the transparent rigid internal structure that supports the calamari's body (the gladius) being careful not to break the bag.
- Remove the skin.
- From the head of the calamari remove the beak that is in the center of the tentacles with the help of the scissors.
- Take out the eyes and rinse under cold water and once cleaned the calamari we can then cut the bag into round pieces and leave the tentacles intact.
How to cook them
- In a pan, fry the chopped onion in oil, add the peeled tomato as soon as it is golden, add salt and pepper, simmer for at least 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the cleaned and cut calamari, mix everything together, and add in a glass of white wine.
- Cook for at least 20 minutes, until the liquid evaporated. Add more salt and pepper if you need it.
- Turn off the heat, put it in a serving dish, and sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).