Calamari murati recipe is a good plate to make and share with your friends, especially your foodie friends.
This recipe was handed down to me by my mother-in-law, and I must say that it is a very tasty dish thanks to the very special ingredients that ensures its success at the table.
As some know, most mothers-in-law know how to cook very well, and if you don’t follow what they advise you, they can be a pain in the butt.
I must admit that my mother-in-law is very good at cooking (and she boasts about it a lot too) but I am better at making sweets ?.
Calamari Murati – Mother-in-law Recipe
- 500 g fresh medium-sized calamari 1.10 pounds
- 450 g diced peeled tomatoes 17.6 oz
- 1 medium onion
- 1 glass of white wine
- olive oil extra virgin
- chopped parsley optional
- How to clean the calamari
- Wash the squid under running water.
- With one hand grasp the head of the calamari and with the other, the body gently pulls the head to determine the detachment of the entrails.
- Eliminate the transparent rigid internal structure that supports the calamari’s body (the gladius) being careful not to break the bag.
- Remove the skin.
- From the head of the calamari remove the beak that is in the center of the tentacles with the help of the scissors.
- Take out the eyes and rinse under cold water and once cleaned the calamari we can then cut the bag into round pieces and leave the tentacles intact.
- How to cook them
- In a pan, fry the chopped onion in oil, add the peeled tomato as soon as it is golden, add salt and pepper, simmer for at least 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the cleaned and cut calamari, mix everything together, and add in a glass of white wine.
- Cook for at least 20 minutes, until the liquid evaporated. Add more salt and pepper if you need it.
- Turn off the heat, put it in a serving dish, and sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply