The chocolate cherry bomb cake is a delicious dessert that combines the strong taste of milk chocolate with the sour taste of cherries.
In this recipe for baking powder, I used “PANEANGELI“, widely used in Italy, and I must say that it is my favorite, I usually do not use the yeast to make sponge cake, because I beat the eggs to form a frothy and air-filled compound.
♫︎♫︎ Hello, daddy. Hello, mom.
I’m your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!
Hello world! I’m your wild girl.
I’m your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!… ♫︎♫︎
Do you remember this song sung by The Runaways? I like listening to the radio while I prepare something in the kitchen.
Today my daughter wanted a cherry cake, my husband had bought cherries, so I thought of making a chocolate cherry cake.
When I enter the kitchen, I enter into my kingdom, first I prepare all the utensils I need, out of my special baking drawer, I take out my very precise balance scale, and then the ingredients.
I turn on the radio, tune it into a channel where I can hear beautiful music, and start composing my little creations.
The music relaxes me then if you start hearing the songs of the past especially those songs that have remained in your heart and that bind you to distant memories. Well, what can I say I’m happy!
Chocolate Cherry Bomb Cake
- 100 g cherries 3.5 oz
- 100 g milk chocolate 3.5 oz
- 50 g sugar 4 tbsp
- 50 g butter 4 tbsp
- 45 g 00 flour 3/8 cup
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ tsp PANEANGELI
- 1 scraped vanilla bean
- a pinch of salt
- Melt the butter with the chocolate in a bain-marie, until a shiny and homogeneous compost is obtained
- Beat the eggs with sugar, salt, and vanilla seeds until a frothy compost is obtained.
- Add and mix the melted chocolate.
- Add the sifted flour with 1/2 teaspoon of PANEANGELI and stir with a spatula from top to bottom.
- Add the pitted cherries and cut into small pieces to the compost, mix everything together.
- Pour the compost inside a 6 1/2 inch hinged mold, buttered and floured.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven at 180°C (356°F) for about 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving