These round APPLE SFOGLIATINE are DELICIOUS for a snack or breakfast, prepared with puff pastry and slices of caramelized apple.
These sweets are found in Italian bar or pastry shops. If you decide to have breakfast at the bar and not at home, go to the bar for a good Italian coffee and you can choose between a croissant or a fruit sfogliatina.
Or for a snack accompanied by a good tea to share with your best friends.
So, you can easily make them at home because they are among the easiest pastries I know.
How to Make Delicious Apple Sfogliatine
- 1 sheet of pre-rolled puff pastry
- 2 medium-sized yellow apples
- granulated sugar
- powdered sugar
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 40 ml warm sugar water 3 tbsp
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Roll out the dough, cut it into discs about 7 cm in diameter and place them in a baking pan covered with baking paper.
- Poke with the tip of a fork tines and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- On each disk place slices of apples sprinkled with granulated sugar and bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Dissolve the soaked gelatin in the warm sugar water, mix very well until the gelatin is dissolved, and filter it.
- Brush on the apple the gelatin on the sfogliatine and sprinkle them with the powdered sugar.