This flavorful Italian dessert known as ricotta cake (or ricotta cheesecake) is a delicious option for Easter.
This cake’s delicate texture and luxurious flavor make it suitable for any celebration and you will love this recipe.
Ricotta cake’s popularity stems, in part, from its adaptability. Lemon zest, vanilla extract, almond extract, or even chocolate chips can be used to give the cake a unique flavor profile. As an alternative to these toppings, you can serve it with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
This cake’s signature flavor and texture come from the main ingredient, ricotta cheese. It has a milder flavor and a similar texture to cottage cheese, but it is much fresher. Ricotta cheese is a nutritious alternative to other cheeses because it contains less fat.
Typical ingredients for a ricotta cake include all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, ricotta cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and or almond extract. Both the dry and the wet ingredients are mixed, and the whole thing is given a good stir. Then, the batter is transferred to a baking pan and baked until it turns golden.
This baked ricotta cake can be served as a dessert or as a sweet treat with a cup of coffee or tea, making it a versatile dessert option. This dessert can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Ricotta cake is a crowd-pleasing dessert that’s easy to make but tastes like a million bucks. Its smooth texture and subtle flavor make it a dessert that will quickly win over the hearts of your loved ones.
Have a wonderful Easter and savor this flavorful Italian ricotta cake!
Here’s the recipe you can try:
Flavorful Italian Ricotta Cake
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 3.5 tbsp butter room temperature
- ⅔ cup flour
- 2 cups ricotta
- ½ cup milk
- milk chocolate flakes
- vanilla extract
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes ahead of time.
- Using an electric whisk, combine the softened butter and sugar until it forms a cream.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Add the flour a little at a time, whisking constantly.
- When everything is well combined, add the milk and ricotta and stir until the mixture becomes a smooth cream.
- Finally, stir in the milk chocolate flakes and vanilla extract.
- Cover the inside of a 9 inches (20 cm)diameter pan with baking paper, pour in the mixture, and bake at 320°F (160°C) for 35/40 minutes (cooking times may vary slightly depending on oven).