This flourless yogurt cake is the best cake that I ever made, it is creamy and incredibly light.
When I was baking this cake decorated with milk chocolate ganache, the news of Joe Biden’s election was announced. My children came in the kitchen jumping up and down that he won Pennsylvania, and since my neighborhood is inhabited by mostly all democrats we heard fireworks and even people blowing horns in celebration for most of the day.
I saw many people celebrating and some people who were happy with the outcome but still wary of the future. While I understand the need to still keep an eye on what’s happening,
I also think that a lot of people be able to celebrate and take a deep breath and relax for at least 24 hours and enjoy it without thought of the future just yet.
In the moment of the announcement, I felt as though a large weight off the backs of the people around me and in general were lifted.
The people’s voices were heard. To swerve back to the topic of food, this cake coincidentally fit into the category of lightness and definitely helped to brighten up the already relaxing day.
Flourless Yogurt Cake – Easy to Make
- 400 g Plain Greek Yogurt 14.1 oz
- 25 g potato starch 3.3 tablespoons
- 25 g cornstarch 3.3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Grated lemon zest
- 125 g sugar 1 cup
- 4 eggs
- Milk chocolate ganache
- Separate the yolks from the whites into 2 bowls.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until it becomes foamy (If you do not yet have a mixer to prepare the recipe, here you can find one I recommend).
- Add the potato starch, cornstarch, and baking powder to the mixture, mix everything well, and add the yogurt and grated lemon zest incorporating them into the compost.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the compost slowly incorporating them as well, being careful not to disassemble them.
- Transfer the cake dough to a baking tray lined with parchment paper (diameter of 9 inches) and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 175°C (347°F) for 60 minutes.
- When cooked, let it cool completely, remove the cake from the pan and decorate it with the chocolate ganache.