The Fried Soft White Bread Rolls are an easy and tasty recipe.
They are very crunchy on the outside but, warm and soft flowing inside. Fried rolls can be filled with whatever you want, with spreadable cheese and speck, with ricotta and spinach, with tomatoes and mozzarella, and so on. And you can decide to bake them instead of frying them.
Fried Soft White Bread Rolls
- 1 loaf of organic soft bread
- 450 g sliced mozzarella 16 oz
- 170 g prosciutto cooked 7 oz
- 100 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese ~ 8 tbsp
- 2 beaten eggs
- bread crumbs
- 1 pinch of salt
- Remove the soft brown bread crust from the soft white bread.
- Flatten the bread with a rolling pin and place the plastic sheet under it.
- Put the prosciutto, mozzarella, and grated Parmigiano cheese on the bread.
- Immediately roll up the white bread and the plastic food wrap from the narrow end.
- Close the ends of the plastic food wrap as in the picture below.
- Place the rolls in the refrigerator for 1 hr to let them take shape.
- Prepare two plates, in one put beaten eggs with a pinch of salt, in the other put breadcrumbs, pass the rolls first in the egg then in the breadcrumbs, letting the breading adhere well all around.
- Fry the rolls in a pan in plenty of hot oil, the oil must cover the entire roll so that the browning is homogeneous.