Happy Saint Patrick Day!
For this joyous day, I wanted to bring, of course, green to my blog by introducing this delicious salty treat, Frittata with Peas.
It is, again, very easy to make. Just beat some eggs, grab and mix a handful of Parmigiano and parsley and there you go! You have tasty lunch or dinner that may be accompanied by a refreshing orange.
For St. Patrick’s day, the streets of Philadelphia are dressed in green, the children all dressed in green and anxiously waiting for the parade.
The old Irish breweries and pubs are ready to serve green beers.
Luckily this year St. Patrick’s Day is on Saturday and few people have to go to work. I remember many years ago St. Patrick’s Day fell in the middle of the week, to go to work I took the train, and even when I returned from work, the train conductors were already drunk at the end of the day…
It was so fun that year, I laughed so hard my face was streaming with tears to see the conductors who could not even stand up still persist in continuing to do their job.
Frittata with Peas, Parmigiano and Parsley
- 225 g frozen peas 1 cup
- 4 eggs
- 73 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese ⅓ cup
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 60 ml water ¼ cup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, lightly fry the onion in extra virgin olive oil without letting it burn. Pour the peas, the water, and a sprinkling of parsley.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with salt, black pepper, Parmigiano, and a handful of parsley.
- Pour the mixture over the peas and make sure that the peas are arranged evenly.
- Cook them on low heat until the water evaporates and the peas are cooked.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat until the frittata is cooked and serve.