A summertime Sicilian dessert. Gelo di Melone is a watermelon pudding based on flavored watermelon juice and pistachios.
It is delicious and very refreshing.
A Refreshing Sicilian Gelo di Melone
- 1 Lt watermelon juice ~ 5 cups
- 6 tbsp brown sugar depends on the sweetness of the watermelon
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- a few jasmine blossoms optional
- chocolate chips
- pistachio grain
- Pass watermelon pulp through a food mill to obtain 1 liter of juice.7- Before serving, garnish with some Jasmine blossoms, pistachio, or grated chocolate.
- Filter it to remove pulp and seeds.
- Pour the juice into a saucepan with brown sugar, cornstarch, Jasmine blossoms, and the cinnamon stick.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly until it becomes thick.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and take out the Jasmine blossoms and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the mixture into the cup with a layer of pistachio grains covering the bottom and then leave it to cool completely.
- Before serving, garnish with some Jasmine blossoms, or mini chocolate chips.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply