For a refreshing and satisfying summer dinner with friends, grilled swordfish with salmoriglio sauce is a perfect choice.
Summer is the perfect time to host a dinner party with friends, whether it’s a casual get-together or a more formal affair. Here are some tips for creating a memorable and enjoyable summer dinner with friends:
Plan the Menu:
Decide on a menu that showcases the best of summer produce, such as grilled vegetables, salads, fresh seafood, and seasonal fruits. Keep the menu simple, yet flavorful and balanced.
I planned to make grilled swordfish with salmoriglio sauce and a delicious orange salad.
This swordfish with salmoriglio recipe is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for a summer barbecue or a weeknight dinner. The tangy and zesty flavors of the salmoriglio sauce complement the meaty and firm texture of the swordfish perfectly.
Salmoriglio is a traditional Italian sauce that is made with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and herbs such as oregano and/or parsley. The sauce is often served with grilled fish, but it can also be used as a marinade or dressing for salads.
Set the Scene:
Create a relaxed and inviting atmosphere by decorating the table with fresh flowers, candles, and seasonal decor. Use outdoor seating if possible and provide comfortable seating options such as cushions or blankets for guests to relax on.
Serve Refreshing Drinks:
Offer a variety of refreshing drinks such as iced tea, lemonade, or a signature summer cocktail. Provide non-alcoholic options for those who prefer to abstain like non-alcoholic strawberry lemonade.
Create a Fun Activity:
Consider adding a fun activity to the evening, such as a game or a DIY project . This can help break the ice and create a more relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.
End the meal on a sweet note by serving a delicious summer dessert such as a fruit tart, ice cream, or a light sponge cake.
Remember to enjoy the moment and spend quality time with your friends. A summer dinner party is a great way to unwind and enjoy the warm weather and good company.
Grilled Swordfish with Salmoriglio Sauce
- 4 swordfish steaks
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your grill or broiler to high heat.
- Season the swordfish steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and parsley.
- Brush the swordfish steaks with the salmoriglio sauce on both sides.
- Grill or broil the swordfish for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through.
- Serve the swordfish with extra salmoriglio sauce on top.