If you want to prepare a home-made breakfast for your family, these healthy cookies with orange flavor are for you.
Breakfast is the most important moment of the day because it gives us the energy to face a day of work or school.
What better choice than to eat delicious homemade cookies?
Whether they are crunchy or with a soft heart, accompanying them with a glass of milk, a cup of tea or juice, they will immediately make us face the day with a smile and a positive mood.
They are also excellent as a snack, you can also vary them by adding, for example, some aromas, grated lemon, or orange peel (as I did).
To make them you just need a few simple “ingredients”: homemade shortbread and baking in the oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes.
Enjoy your breakfast!!!
- 135 g butter 4.2 oz
- 225 g flour 8.8 oz
- 90 g of sugar 3.5 oz
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 grated orange peel
- Butter and flour are mixed together before joining the eggs.
- Add softened butter, salt, and orange zest to the flour and mix.
- Once you have this crumbled dough add all the sugar and start to knead.
- Add the egg, previously broken in a bowl, and beat the whites and yolk until it becomes one.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes and when it reaches nice consistency, create a ball.
- Put the ball in plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4″.
- Using a 2.5-Inch Round Stainless Steel Cutter, mold the dough.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F), until lightly golden brown