Summer is coming even though it took quite a while it’s better late than never. And with summer comes warm weather, unless you’re reading this in Australia, and with warm comes cold food. And the cold food that reigns over all the others is GELATO (or ICE CREAM)!
Obviously, I wouldn’t make a blog about going out and buying gelato, instead we’re making it. If you are too lazy to go to the store (but somehow have all the ingredients and energy to make this ice cream) or you just want to bond with your kids or friends why not make HOMEMADE ice cream.
This particular gelato flavor is called BACIO; if you’ve never tried bacio and you’re a hazelnut and chocolate lover, you haven’t lived your best life.
and also gelato that my kids go crazy for, especially my oldest, Clelia.
It is creamy, soft, with a surprise crunch of hazelnut, it is amazing. But if you don’t plan on tasting this heaven on earth anytime soon, I suggest making this and taste the second best thing to it.
- 150 g condensed milk ½ cup
- 300 g whipping cream 10.14 fl oz
- 150 g peeled hazelnuts 50g+100g = ⅓ cup + ¾ cup
- 50 g sugar ¼ cup
- 110 g milk chocolate 4.8 oz
- 100 ml warm milk ½ cup
- Blend 100g (3/4 cup) of hazelnuts with 50g (1/4 cup) of sugar in a mixer until they become an oil creamy compound.
- Melt the milk chocolate, in the warm milk and let it cool cream.
- Semi-Whip the cream.
- Add the condensed milk with movements from the bottom upwards.
- Add hazelnut paste and chopped hazelnuts (50g =1/3 cup).
- Add the milk chocolate cream (always with movements from bottom to top).
- Pour the mixture into a cold steel bowl (previously put the bowl in the freezer).
- Put in freezer for 6 hours.
- And then scoop them into some nice bowls!