Here we offer you a refined combination in a creamy first course: shrimp pappardelle, with the addition of a cream prepared with cherry tomatoes and prawns. Serve this dish ending with a sprinkling of chopped parsley and you will taste that goodness!
Choose the unshelled and fresh shrimps for a perfect result of the dish. To easily peel them, after having cut the heads, it will be sufficient to cut with a pair of scissors along the back, widen the shells and extract the pulp.
In addition, the taste of homemade pappardelle, my favorite egg pasta format, is unrivaled for its unique and inimitable taste. Its characteristic roughness ensures that the pasta collects the sauces used to season it so that the pleasure of the palate is fully satisfied with each forkful! The recipe that I propose is suitable for all long egg pasta formats and not only for the homemade pappardelle. Just cut the dough into more or less thin slices depending on whether you want to get tagliatelle, tagliolini, fettuccine, and so on.
Homemade Pappardelle with Shrimps
- 4 medium eggs
- 350 g 00 flour 2 ¾ cups
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g shrimps 0.8 pounds
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- Arrange the flour on a large work surface and make a well in the center.
- Put the eggs, olive oil, and a pinch of salt in a bowl, then pour them into the well; with a fork, break the eggs, then gradually mix the wet ingredients in the flour mixture until they are combined.
- Work for about ten minutes and let sit for 1 hour, wrapping the dough in the film.
- Dust the work surface with a handful of flour and roll out the dough.
- Rolling the dough into a sheet and choose the thickness you want, personally, I don’t like it too thin.
- Sprinkle the surface of the rolled-out dough with flour and cut it into strips with the zigzag tool.
- Put on a baking sheet and cover with a cloth until ready for cooking.
- Rinse the shrimps under running water, drain them very well and dab them with kitchen paper.
- Remove the heads and the shells of the shrimp and remove the black fillet that makes up the intestine with a toothpick. Put the shelled shrimps in the fridge.
- Then put a saucepan with olive oil on heat.
- Add the head and shells of the shrimps, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 5 cherry tomatoes and 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, turn up the heat and cook for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the liquid and discard the shells.
- Re-put the liquid sauce in the saucepan and add
- the shelled shrimps removed from the fridge.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the pappardelle in plenty of salted water.
- Drain the pasta while still al dente and finish cooking in the pan with the sauce by adding a couple of spoons of the pasta cooking water.
Leave a Reply