Baked chicken legs are unquestionably a must-have in Italian cuisine; they’re simple to prepare, don’t need a lot of attention, and even inexperienced cooks may achieve a juicy and fantastic result!
What should I prepare for Sunday lunch? It’s always a conundrum. Especially if your brain is tired and doesn’t want to think very much. But when you’re 100 percent Italian, you can’t help but cook Sunday lunch to enjoy with your family.
So, considering I want to finish cooking in a short period of time without exerting much effort, I can make: spaghetti with Genovese pesto as a first course, and then I noticed that I had bought some chicken legs in the fridge. The chicken legs are the most popular part of the bird, and they’re delicious. They frequently are fought over during dinner. Perfect the Sunday menu is done.
How to make Italian Baked Chicken legs
Prepare a pan which must be lined with parchment paper.
After cleaning the chicken thighs, remove any remaining feathers from the skin with tweezers, place them into a food bag with the marinade sauce (see recipe) plus half a glass of white wine.
Massage the meat well so that it is coated with the sauce.
Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours, turning the thighs after about 1 hour so that they come into full contact with the sauce. Put the chicken legs in a pan with parchment paper and now comes the moment to combine everything with your hands, mixing all the flavors and evenly distributing them across the chicken legs.
This recipe can also be made with potatoes. In this scenario, after preparing the thighs, set them aside to soak up the mixture of spices and oil you’ve made, while you clean and cut the potatoes. Then toss them in with the chicken legs and swirl them again with your hands to flavor them in the mixture.
Or you can cook the potatoes in another separate pan seasoned in the same way as the chicken legs as I did.
Cooking time in the oven for the Italian Baked Chicken Legs
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
Place the chicken legs in the oven after it has reached the desired temperature and cook for around 45 minutes. After around 30 minutes, open the oven and turn the chicken legs to ensure that they are properly cooked on both sides. You will get flawless cooking in this manner.
Italian Baked Chicken Legs
- 5 chicken legs
- 1 white glass wine
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil ½ cup
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp strong paprika
- salt and pepper
- Wash the chicken legs under running water, then dry them well with kitchen paper.
- In a bowl put a clove of garlic, oil, paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken legs in a food bag with the marinade plus a glass of white wine.
- Massage the meat well so that it is coated with the sauce.
- Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours, turning the thighs after about 1 hour so that they come into full contact with the sauce.
- Drain the meat from the marinade, which you will keep aside, and arrange them on a baking dish lined with parchment paper with a drizzle of oil on top of it.
- Bake at 200 ° C for about 45 minutes, turning and wetting from time to time with the remaining marinade.
- Turn on the grill of the oven and brown them for about 5 minutes at 220 ° C. Serve hot.