Italian Ricotta Fritters Recipe is a very simple and easy recipe that requires few ingredients. A tasty mixture of ricotta, grated cheese, eggs, and breadcrumbs. This fried delicacy is an excellent snack and can be served both hot and cold.
Bring these fritters to the table your guests could appreciate them as both appetizers or as a main course accompanied by a very refreshing salad.
Another alternative is to cook “le polpettine di ricotta” after having fried them in tomato sauce as an alternative to meatballs for vegetarians.
Italian Ricotta Fritters Recipe (Polpette di Ricotta)
- 800 g ricotta 28 oz
- 120 g grated pecorino cheese 1 ¼ cup
- 50 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese ½ cup
- 2 beaten eggs
- 100 g bread crumbs 1 cup
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- organic oil
- Place a mesh strainer with very small holes over a bowl.
- Add the ricotta and with a rubber spatula gently push in.
- Let the ricotta strain for at least 5 hours.
- Put the previously drained ricotta in a bowl. Add the grated cheese, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, salt, and eggs.
- mix the mixture with a fork until you obtain a soft but dense compound. You can add more breadcrumbs or cheese if it is too soft.
- Take a walnut size of the ricotta mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Fry the polpette in hot oil until it becomes brown.