Lasagna with sweet pepper cream is a flavorsome dish that melts in your mouth divinely.
The result is a colorful dish, cheerful but above all else, truly irresistible and it is a great way to amaze your guests since the dish is not very common but incredibly satisfying.
This quick and easy Lasagna with pepper cream recipe is a simple and cozy dish that comes together with just 15 minutes of prep! Loaded with fresh pepper cream, fresh béchamel sauce, and plenty of gooey, melty cheese. It can be a great dish for a delicious dinner or a Sunday lunch that the whole family will love!
How to prepare the Lasagna with sweet pepper cream sauce
For this recipe, I cut the red and green peppers and onion into pieces and I brown them until they are nice and golden on the edges.
In the meantime, I prepared the béchamel following my recipe which you can find in the sauces category on my blog.
I used provolone cheese and grated parmesan in the 6 layers of lasagna.
Since I bought the lasagna sheets ready for the oven, I don’t need to boil them first.
I then put some bits of butter only at the base of the pan before making the layers of lasagna.
Lasagna with Sweet Pepper Cream Sauce
- 1 ½ boxes Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne Pasta
- 3 red peppers
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons organic EVO oil
- chopped parsley
- 2 ½ cups béchamel sauce
- 100 g provolone cheese slices 5 oz
- 100 g grated Parmigiano cheese 5 oz
- salt and pepper
Pepper Cream Sauce
- Wash the peppers well.
- Cut the cap, remove the seeds and with a small knife remove the internal white ribs.
- Cut them into strips not too thin, each strip should be as wide as your index finger.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.3 tablespoons organic EVO oil
- Add the peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper.3 red peppers, 1 green pepper, 1 medium onion
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Blend the mixture by using a handheld immersion blender or a countertop blender until it is as rough or as smooth as you like it.
- Spread a ladle of béchamel and pepper sauce and butter on the bottom of a rectangular baking pan about (13x 9 inches) in size.
- Lay the lasagna sheets over the entire surface and season with the pepper sauce, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and a few slices of provolone cheese and 2 tablespoons of béchamel sauce.
- Cover with lasagna sheets and repeat the process above in layers until all the ingredients are used up.
- Finish with a layer of lasagna seasoned with plenty of pepper sauce and sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano and béchamel sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (356°F) for about 30 minutes, until a delicious golden crust, is created on the surface.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.