This mango and lime cream is perfect for the summer season.
It is a very easy and quick recipe to make, with only a few ingredients.
The sweetness of mango goes well with the acidity of the lime.
The fruity taste of this cream makes it perfect for filling various desserts, in fact, it could be revisiting one of my recipes on this blog, the watermelon tart, but with a more exotic taste. However, it is still can be enjoyed as a spoon dessert.
I have a real adoration for creams, destiny wanted that a few days ago, looking online I don’t remember what, I came across a recipe found on an Italian blog, and I thought to make it again with some changes, instead of using lemon juice I used lime juice. the original recipe included potato starch as a thickener that I didn’t have at home, so I used corn starch.
- 2 lime juice 3 tbsp
- 1 mango
- 35 g corn starch 4.5 tbsp
- 35 g icing sugar 4.5 tbsp
- 1 yolk egg
- 40 g butter 2.8 tbsp
- 50 g honey ~ 2.5 tbsp
- 250 ml warm water 1 cup
- Peel the mango and blend the pulp to cream with an immersion blender
- Dissolve the icing sugar and cornstarch in half of the warm water.
- Put in a saucepan: the yolk, lime juice, sugar, and cornstarch dissolved in the water, turn on the stove, and stir with energy until the first hint of boiling.
- Add butter + hot water + honey + blended mango pulp, and stir constantly until the cream thickens.
- At the first hint of boiling, turn off the stove.
- Let the cream cool down and it is ready to be enjoyed.