The greatest mascarpone cream is made using this recipe! It’s light and fluffy, and it’s excellent for filling cakes, icing cupcakes, or topping pie!
Mascarpone Cream is famously used in a variety of Italian desserts, pastries, and even savory dishes.
Its most notable recipe it’s a part of is the globally recognized Tiramisu!
The creaminess of the mascarpone (other than the caffeine) is what drew so many people, from young to old, in! In Italy mascarpone is also incorporated into our Christmas tradition!
Every year families will buy a fluffy, vanilla-infused, sweet bread that will then be covered in powdered sugar, called Pandoro, and when Christmas and New Year finally come along the whole family gathers around to finally indulge in their sweetness.
Along with the pandoro, mascarpone serves as a great dip in order to add a little something more to your dessert. Right now I will be indulging in a lot of mascarpone because it is a special day: my birthday! I will be posting a recipe soon on my birthday cake but first, I wanted to share one for the delicious mascarpone cream. Keep an eye out and enjoy this recipe!
Fluffy Mascarpone Cream Recipe
- 500 g mascarpone cheese 18 oz
- 150 g sugar 3.5 oz
- 6 separated eggs
- Work the egg yolks in a mixer at maximum speed with 100g(3.5 oz) of sugar until the mixture is light and smooth.
- With the mixer in action add the mascarpone cheese little by little, amalgamating it very well to avoid lumps.
- In a clean bowl whip the egg whites and add little by little the rest of the sugar into the bowl.
- Once you fully whipped the egg whites and sugar together, incorporate them into the mixture of mascarpone mixing them together with a spatula, in a top to bottom motion until you get a smooth, fluffy cream.