Hi guys! Welcome back! I have a special Sweet Potato Casserole recipe for you, a rarity on my website, an American Holiday recipe.
My dear friend Melissa and I met when her and my daughter got close in preschool and have now been best friends for 10 years or so. Since our families are close sometimes we celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving together.
Even though I am very excited to see them, I also get excited to eat Melissa’s Sweet Potato Casserole, heaven on earth.
The first time I tasted this recipe was the first Christmas we ever had together. The moment I tried this delicious dish I had to know the recipe!
So here it is for you!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cups fresh mashed sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipped cream (measure cream then whip)
- In a small bowl mix all topping ingredients together and set aside.
- In a bowl mix well the mashed sweet potatoes with white sugar, salt, beaten eggs, and butter.
- Whip the cream and add vanilla and cinnamon, then put in little by little the sweet potato mixture and mix everything from the bottom to the top.
- Pour into a greased casserole, cover with topping.
- Bake at 350°F (176,6°C) for 30 minutes.