What I present to you today is a mini pear tart with blueberry jam.
It can be served warm or cold and you can still savor the taste of the sweetness of the pear slices and at the same time savor the delicate almost sour blueberry jam. The jam is flavored by the persistent scent of cinnamon without this prevailing over the sweetness, giving that extra touch of aroma that makes the dessert even more irresistible.
This recipe was given to me by my mother’s friend when I was in Italy last December before the pandemic. One day I went to see, Anna, my mother’s friend. Entering Anna’s house I was invaded by the smell of cinnamon that perfumed the kitchen. Anna was preparing this delicious pear tart with blueberry jam for her grandchildren who come to visit her.
I could not resist asking what she was cooking. She told me if I wanted some there was still some left. I was a bit skeptical because I don’t like sweets with cinnamon. But I changed my mind, it was delicious. I didn’t say a word till I was done with the dessert and when I finished, the first thing I asked for was the recipe.
Mini Pear Tart with Blueberry Jam
- 150 g 00 flour 1 cup
- 95 g soft butter 3/8 cup
- 80 g granulated sugar 1/2 cup
- 3 yolks
- grated lemon peel
- a pinch of salt
- 125 g g blueberry jam 1/2 cup
- 1 peeled and sliced pear
- cinnamon powder
- Arrange the flour on a pastry board, make a hole in the center and add the softened butter, sugar, and egg yolks.
- Add the lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a dough.
- Cover the shortcrust pastry with cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Then roll out the pastry on a floured surface with a rolling pin, obtaining a dough with a thickness of about 1/2cm (0.2 inches)
- Grease and flour a 15 cm ( 6 inches) pan and place the pastry on it, making sure to adhere it well to the edges and eliminate the excess dough.
- Pierce the bottom of the pastry with the tines of a fork.
- Then arrange the jam.
- Decorate with the slices of pear, sprinkle the granulated sugar and cinnamon, and bake in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 30 minutes.