There are foods where if you place them on the table, it can really make a difference.
One of these is My Mom’s Ragu.
It is that typical Comfort Food, which with its fragrance and flavor, takes you back to the past, evoking images, sensations, and memories.
I don’t know if it’s Sicilian or it belongs to another Italian region
I was especially fascinated by the ritual of Sunday lunches; sitting around a big table with all my family, the anxious waiting for my mom and aunts to bring in the rigatoni with ragu.
My Mom’s Ragu – Comfort Food
- 1 kg minced meat veal, and pork in equal parts 35.3 oz
- ½ glass white wine
- 800 ml of tomato sauce 3.3 cups
- one heart of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- I cook it like my mother, starting from a saute` of onions, carrots, celery, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Warm the oil in a terracotta pan, add the vegetables, and then cook slowly over low heat.
- Add the minced meat. Saute` over high heat, stirring constantly and grinding it with a fork.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate, stirring occasionally.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce and the cloves, stir it with a spoon.
- The quality of the tomato sauce is very important, and I must say that I found it.
- I recommend you try Organic Strained Tomatoes, it reminds me of my mother's tomato sauce.
- Bring the mix to a boil, close the pan with the lid but remember t keep a little opening, and cook over a low flame for at least 2 hours till the sauce shrinks and VOILA`.