Pasta, aglio, olio e peperoncino – recipe well-known around Italy and around the world, and it is perfect for a casual lunch to classy dinner.
Hope you enjoy it!
How to make delicious pasta, aglio, olio e peperoncino?
This version, not far from the original one, is delicious, the difference is just blended cherry peppers. They offer a relatively high spicy taste for their tiny size and an added hint of sweetness. Blend them with garlic, oil, half of the serrano pepper, sardines, and sauté everything in a pan with the linguine al dente and then the rest of the serrano peppers can be cut into small strips.
For those who can not tolerate garlic (because of digestion issues) just immerse the garlic in a saucepan with cold water and bring it to a boil. In this way, the garlic will lose some of those substances that make it harder to digest.
Ingredients for the delicious Pasta aglio, olio, e peperoncino recipe.
- Red cherry bell pepper
- Serrano pepper
- fillet sardines
The origins of pasta con aglio, olio, e peperoncino
Pasta, garlic, oil, and pepper is some of the most well-known recipes in Italy, it is very easy to make, you just need the ingredients.
A recipe born in southern Italy and presumably in the Neapolitan city, Naples, it is a very ancient dish, first reported in Ippolito Cavalcanti’s (cook and literary) treatise Theoretical-practical cuisine of 1837. Ippolito Cavalcanti described this dish made of vermicelli (a type of pasta) fried in a saucepan with oil and garlic.
In another book of 1965 by Jeanne Caròla Francesconi “Neapolitan cuisine” pasta with garlic, oil and pepperoncino argues that the original pasta shape was actually linguine.
Delicious Pasta, Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino
- 12.35 oz Linguine
- 2-3 clove of garlic minced
- 1 red cherry bell pepper
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 2 fillet sardines
- coarse salt
- chopped parsley
- Finely chop the parsley and set it aside.
- Put a large pot with water and coarse salt on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add the linguine, and cook them according to the times indicated on the package.
- In the meantime, cut the chili, you can remove the seeds if you wish and cut the garlic into small pieces.
- Put the oil in a large pan, then add the 1 chopped glove garlic, fillet sardines, and chili and cook for a couple of minutes (be careful not to brown the garlic too much).
- Deglaze with a little of the pasta cooking water.
- Pour everything into the blender container and blend it with the chopped parsley.
- You can adjust its consistency as needed.
- In the meantime, sauté the remaining minced garlic in the pan with half the serrano pepper cut into small strips.
- Drain the linguine when al dente and pour it immediately into the pan. Add the pureed chili cream.
- Sauté the linguine, being careful that they are evenly greasy, and serve them very hot.
Leave a Reply