A must-try recipe: pasta with zucchini pesto.
It is spectacular, delicious and easy to make.
Usually, with the name pesto, our mind takes us to the Genovese pesto which is the best known, or to the pesto ‘alla trapanese” or better the “ammogghiu alcamese” (pesto from Alcamo).
Zucchini Pesto is a fresh and fragrant condiment made with zucchini sautéed in a pan with a clove of garlic( boiled or raw), pine nuts, or almonds, parmesan, extra virgin olive oil, and fresh basil! It is perfect if you are looking for creamy, delicate pasta, dressing bruschetta, or enhancing many summer dishes!
This recipe that I propose to you was kindly shared by Local Aromas, an all-Italian site where you can find cooking classes online, or if you are in Rome you can book the cooking classes in person and enjoy the best dishes and the best Italian wines.
Pasta with Zucchini Pesto: delicious and easy to make
- 160 – 200 gr 5.6 – 7 oz dried pasta (linguine, fusilli, or whatever pasta you have)
- 225 gr 8 oz zucchini (or courgette)
- 20 gr 1.4 oz fresh basil leaves
- 1.5 tbsp pine nuts
- 50 ml 1.8 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- Parmigiano cheese grated
- Cook the zucchini by either slicing and sautéing them in a saucepan with a little oil or by boiling them.
- Place a large pot of cold water over the stove.
- When it boils, add some salt and then the pasta (I used spaghetti alla chitarra).
- Cook according to the time on the package of pasta.
- When the zucchini is cooked, place them in a blender with the pine nuts, basil, salt, olive oil, and some of the pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and dress it with the zucchini pesto.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano and serve.
Leave a Reply