Peppers cream sauce is an easy, fast, luscious, and heavenly creamy sauce that will most likely be added to your top ten favorite sauces.
The best peppers cream sauce
This cozy pepper cream is one of the many favorite recipes of my children but also of my husband. They eat it over bruschetta or with pasta. It will soon be your favorite as well because it is made from ingredients that are fresh, and in season, from peppers to the onion, and above all, it is made with the delicious Sicilian extra virgin olive oil. All strictly organic.
Which peppers to choose?
Peppers can now be found in the supermarket all year round, which is great, but the best season to buy peppers in is from mid-September onwards; the peppers are ripe and perfect to taste.
You can eat them alone but also cooked in countless recipes, they are an extremely versatile ingredient.
The key to a great dish is to use quality ingredients. When buying peppers, choose them smooth, with a firm skin. This will not only make the peppers easy to cut, but it is also a sign of freshness and aroma. Avoid wrinkled peppers or peppers with dark spots because it means they are long past the point of ripeness. If the pepper has green or yellow spots near the stem, it is not fully ready to use.
The color of peppers you choose depends on the use you want to make of them. Regardless of the color, the classic pepper comes from the same plant. The color depends on two factors: when they were harvested and how ripe they are. At first, they are all green, then they turn yellow, orange until they reach the red color when they are fully ripe. I use both yellow and red peppers.
How to make peppers cream sauce?
Unlike other similar recipes I do not roast the peppers but I sauté them in a pan with the onion with 3 tbsp of the organic oil. They are prepared in less than 10 minutes, just cut them into strips after having cleaned and emptied them from their seeds.
Saute` with the onion, season with salt, ground black pepper, and add a handful of parsley or basil (the choice is yours, I prefer parsley but in Italy, many people use basil with this sauce) and grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Then with an immersion hand blender make a smooth sauce. I have my tirelessgiven by my husband 2 years ago and it is, for me, the best on the market, I assure you it. You can add a little bit of heavy cream if you want it even more velvety and less consistent.
The Best Peppers Cream Sauce
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons organic EVO oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Wash the peppers well
- Cut the cap to which the petiole is attached, remove the seeds and with a small knife remove the internal white ribs.
- Cut them into strips not too thin, each strip should be as wide as your index finger.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and blend the mixture by using a handheld immersion blender or a countertop blender until it is as rough or as smooth as you like it.
- It is ready for your bruschetta or as a condiment for your pasta.