For this recipe, you need peppers, onions, green olives, and a handful of chopped parsley.
What to make for dinner is always a big problem especially if you didn’t think about it beforehand. Even if you find yourself with the fridge full of ingredients you still don’t know what to make.
Now, if you are at home with this situation and you have some colorful peppers sitting in your fridge and you don’t know what to do with them, then you should follow my recipe! ?
This is a very tasty dish and, like a lot of my recipes, it is very easy to make in a very short time.
It is perfect for any occasion, it can be an appetizer, a unique vegetarian dish, on toasted slices of bread ( you can make bruschetta with peppers), they can be used in many ways with just a bit of imagination.
The use of peppers in the kitchen is really vast, and it is not at all wrong to consider the pepper as one of the most used vegetables for the preparation of all kinds of dishes, from the first and to the second courses, to the side dishes.
Peppers with Onion, Green Olives, and a Handful of Parsley
- 2 bell peppers (I used red and green peppers)
- 1 onion
- green olives
- a handful of chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the peppers, dry them and remove the cap with the stem.
- Cut them in half and remove the seeds and internal filaments.
- Cut the peppers into strips.
- Cut the onion finely.
- In a non-stick pan heat a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, add the onion and let it brown for a few minutes.
- Add the peppers, stir, cover with the lid and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green olives, a handful of parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper, (remove the lid and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, transfer them to a serving dish, and enjoy your meal.
Leave a Reply