This Pistachio and Pear Cake with Domes is a fall cake recipe. The bottom is made with a pistachio dacquoise (taken from a recipe by Luca Montersino).
Yesterday evening my kids asked me to make something good, delicious. So I’m thinking and thinking and thinking…. I finally decided on this cake!
This dessert reminds me of a pear cream, very similar to a pudding, that my aunt made us, nieces and nephews, when we wanted something sweet. Then she would place this “ pear pudding” on a piece of sponge cake it tasted like it came straight from heaven.
Pistachio and Pear Cake with Domes
- 200 g egg whites 1 cup
- 75 g granulated sugar ⅓ cup
- 187.5 g granulated sugar 6.6 oz
- 187.5 g pistachios 6.6 oz
- 50 g flour 00 1.7 oz
- 600 g pears 21.2 oz
- 40 g granulated sugar 1.4 oz
- 1 glass Moscato wine
- 150 ml whipping cream ⅔ cup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 g gelatine sheets 0.17 oz
- Pistachio Dacquoise
- Whip the egg whites with 75 gr. (2.65 oz) of sugar.
- Chop the pistachios with the remaining sugar 187.5g (6.6 oz)
- Pour the powder (chopped pistachios and flour) on the whipped egg whites and mix very gently from the bottom up.
- In a pan covered with baking paper pour the mixture and with the help of a spatula level the layer.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) for about 10 minutes.
- Pear Mousse
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for 10-15 minutes
- Peel the pears, remove the core, and cut them into small pieces.
- Pour them in a pot with the wine and sugar and cook over medium heat at the same time mix them for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heater and with a hand mixer emulsify the mixture.
- Re-put it on the heater and cook until it is a little bit dry.
- Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, whip the cream, melt the honey in a bain-marie, and incorporate the two ingredients into the cooled pear cream.
- Add the squeezed gelatin and mix.
- Pour the cream into a rectangular mold and freeze for at least 1-2 hours.
- Remove the pear mousse from the freezer and leave to cool down for few minutes then place it on the pistachio dacquoise.
- Garnish with cocoa powder, pistachio, and pears domes.. or whatever else you prefer!