They are a very tasty and easy to prepare if you are looking for a side dish. The POTATOES are COOKED in a pan included with onions and carrots in extra virgin olive oil.
Halfway through cooking, WHITE WINE and FRESH OREGANO should be added. The aroma of the wine and the fragrance of oregano make the potatoes very special and appetizing.
Potatoes Cooked in White Wine and Fresh Oregano
- 3 medium-size potatoes
- 2-3 carrots
- a glass of white wine
- fresh oregano
- 1 medium onion
- salt and pepper
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Peel the potatoes, wash them, and cut them into cubes.
- Peel the onions and cut them into thin slices, then cook until brown in the oil in a pan with the washed and sliced carrots.
- As soon as the onions are golden, add the potatoes, leaving them to fry for 15 minutes over high heat and moving them often, so they don’t burn and to leave a crispy texture.
- As soon as the onions are golden, add the potatoes, leaving them to fry for 15 minutes over high heat and moving them often, so as to make them golden and crispy.
- Add the wine and the fresh oregano.
- After 10 minutes add 1/2 cup of vegetable broth and cover the pan; let it simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Then season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes, until most of the sauce is consumed.