If you are looking for an alternative to the classic lemon sorbet, the blackberry sorbet recipe is the one for you.
Summer is coming, and refreshing yourself after a meal with a tasty sorbet made with organic fruit is something really pleasant
This dessert reminds me of the breakfasts my dad and I would have every Sunday at the Bar del Corso.
In Sicily, it can get very hot in the summer, and the best time to eat is really early in the morning or after sunsets. Sundays were special because he was not working and I could spend some time with him. We walked a short distance to reach the part of the old town where the best Bar was, in front of the Cathedral in the main “piazza” of our town. It was a delicious “granita” or a sorbet made of some berry, all accompanied by a warm brioche.
So, when yesterday I saw beautiful blackberries at the store, I could not resist and bought them and I made a blackberry sorbet in my kitchen, to celebrate that time and to show to my kids what that was for me.
It is an easy and quick recipe that can be completed at around 15 minutes.
Refreshing Blackberry Sorbet
- 340 g blackberries 12 oz
- 250 g water 1 cup
- 150 g sugar 3/4 cup
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- Put the water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Dissolve all of the sugar over low heat.
- Blend the blackberries to obtain a puree.
- Filter the puree with a narrow hole colander.
- Add to the sugar syrup, honey, lemon juice, and blackberry puree.
- Incorporate everything well and let it cool.
- Pour the mixture into a cold steel bowl (previously put the bowl in the freezer).
- Put in the freezer for 4-5 hours, remember to mix it occasionally to break any ice crystals.
- Before serving, take out the sorbet from the freezer 15-20 minutes before.