The Schiacciata-Flatbread with Black Olives, Rosemary and Cheese is a Sicilian Street Food delicacy, a simple, ancient, and cheap but great taste.
Schiacciata-Flatbread with Black Olives, Rosemary, and Cheese
- 250 g flour 2 cups
- 250 ml warm water 1 cup
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil ~1.5 tablespoons
- 7 g salt 1 teaspoon
- honey 1 teaspoon
- 7 g yeast powder 1 teaspoon
- 20 g black olives 0.7 oz
- coarse salt
- 100 g Pecorino cheese 1/2 cup
- In the planetary mixer add the flour, yeast powder, honey, and warm water; mix for at least 15 minutes with the dough hook.
- Then add salt, oil (in a consistent but thin stream like in the picture below), and olives and mix for at least 10 minutes.
- After that let the dough rest for 3 hours covering the bowl with a kitchen rag until the dough volume raises.
- Roll it out on a previously greased baking pan.
- Press the dough, gently, with your fingertips outwards to the borders. try to avoid popping the air bubbles that have formed inside the dough, which makes the focaccia soft.
- Add the rosemary and cheese (cut into cubes, and push it into the dough).
- Bake the schiacciata at 400F in the preheating oven for 35 minutes.
- After letting it cool down on a grill.
- Brush it with oil, sprinkle it with coarse salt, and … Buon Appetito!
These ingredients are for an 11×7 baking pan ENJOY!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!