The sfogliatine with ricotta and cherry tomatoes are a tasty finger food appetizer to prepare for parties or aperitifs, prepared with puff pastry, ricotta cream, and finally some sweet tomatoes.
They are prepared in no time and are a joy for the eyes and the palate. The crunchy exterior and internal softness create a contrast to which few will be able to resist.
Sfogliatine with Ricotta and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pkg of puff pastry thawed in the refrigerator
- 450 g ricotta 1 pound
- 4 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tbsp Evo oil
- salt and pepper
- 450 g tomato cherries 1 pound
- 1 beaten egg
- In a bowl mix the ricotta with the pecorino cheese, a pinch of salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half, and salt.
- Cut the puff pastry into squares of 10x10cm (4×4 inches), with a fork draw the central perimeter of your squares, this helps you to fill well only the center of your square of puff pastry.
- Brush with a beaten egg but only the outer edge of the square of puff pastry.
- Put the ricotta cream on the base of the puff pastry, cover with the tomatoes without letting the filling escape from the traced perimeter.
- Season with oregano and a few drops of oil and bake at 205°C (400°F) for at least 25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with fresh drops of EVO oil.