The TOMATO SALAD is a typical dish of the SICILIAN summer season, which accompanies many main courses, from meat to fish, or as a refreshing dish after a hot day.
At the fruit and vegetable market the focus during this season are the tomatoes,
characterized by a soft pulp, with a pleasantly aromatic flavor, they are rich in healthy properties for your well-being.
First of all, they include a good content of water and vitamins. According to some research, they also contain natural antioxidants that would be able to protect cells from aging.
The Tomato salad that I propose today is a very simple recipe flavored exclusively with Sicilian oregano and Sicilian olives and to finish seasoning it with excellent quality EVO oil, every year I have an excellent oil sent from Sicily.
- 3 fresh ripe tomatoes
- Sicilian oregano
- Sicilian olives
- 1 chopped garlic
- Evo oil
- Wash the tomatoes and drain them.
- The cutting of salad tomatoes depends somewhat on your tastes and a little on the type of recipe you want to prepare.
- Dress the tomato salad with oil and salt, while vinegar is optional. If you decide to use it, though, use just wine vinegar.
- Add some chopped garlic and olives.
- Flavor it all with oregano and enjoy your meal.