This Cake made with Almond and Ricotta and a few drops of dark chocolate is a fast and easy dessert to make, especially loved by children for a snack or for breakfast with a nice glass of milk to start the day.
The prerogative of each dessert is to be loved at first bite and this cake, rest assured, will give you just that; I managed to find a perfect balance between the intense flavor of the almonds and the delicacy of the ricotta… with no flour, Gluten-Free!!!
This dessert is made with cow’s milk ricotta and almonds, very finely chopped to obtain a flour texture. I chopped the almonds with the skin in order to give it a bit of a crunch but overall cake is very soft and moist because of the ricotta.
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml whipping cream 1/3 cup
- 200g almond 7.1 oz
- 250g ricotta 8.8 oz
- 150g sugar 5.3 oz
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- powder sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180°C (356°F).
- Blend the almonds until they become flour.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until they become light and fluffy.
- Mix the whipping cream with the ricotta and then add it to the frothy egg mixture.
- Gradually add the almond flour with the baking powder.
- Mix everything well and at the end add the chocolate chips, mixing all very well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan (9 inches) and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180°C (356°F).
- Don't forget to do the toothpick test.
- Leave to cool and sprinkle the surface with powdered sugar.