This GRANITA is a delicious and refreshing little treat. It is a delicious cold dessert made up of water, sugar, and STRAWBERRIES.
The granita makes me think of the wonderful and summery days spent in Sicily, with my friends or relatives sitting in a bar tasting the fantastic fruit granita served in transparent glasses and accompanied by the typical Sicilian brioche.
- 450 g strawberries 1 pound
- 500 ml water 2 1/4 cups
- 150 g sugar 3/4 cup
- 35 g fresh lemon juice 1/7 cup
- Make the sugar syrup by putting the water and sugar in the saucepan and bring them to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the strawberries in half, depriving them of the stalk.
- Put them in a blender until they become a puree.
- Some filter the purée to remove the seeds, I didn’t do it because I like the texture of the puree with all the seeds, but you can remove them if you wish.
- Add the juice to the strawberry puree.
- Add the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Pour everything into a low glass container and place it in the freezer for 1 hr.
- After an hour remove the container from the freezer and scrape the mixture with a fork to break the ice crystals that have formed.
- Put the container back in the freezer and do the same operation after 45 minutes for 4-5 hours.
- Proceeding with these precautions, the granita will maintain a soft consistency and easily scrapable.
- When ready to serve the granita, take it out of the freezer and scrape the mixture with a fork or spoon.