But these little gems will end your Christmas meal elegantly and tastefully.
The shells have the characteristic of being made of fillo dough with a concentrate of delicious creamy sweetness inside that looks very similar to pastry cream, but it differs from the lack of eggs and the addition of condensed milk.
- Mini Fillo Shells
- 300 ml Condensed Milk 1 1/4 cups
- 150 ml Whipping Cream 2/3 cup
- 75 g Soft Butter 2.64 oz
- 20 g Corn Starch 0.70 oz
- Caviar Vanilla Bean
- This cream is made with condensed milk if you can recall from my previous post, the Smooth Cream.
- Mix the soft butter with the condensed milk until it becomes a creamy mixture, add and sieve in the corn starch, stir well to incorporate it.
- Let the whipping cream simmer in a pan with the vanilla bean and the scraped caviar vanilla.
- After removing it from the stove and filter it.
- Pour the filtered whipping cream into the mixture of condensed milk, butter, and cornstarch, put it on the stove, and stir constantly with a whisk.
- Remove the cream from the stove as soon as it starts to thicken.
- Pour it into a glass bowl and cover it with plastic wrap and let the plastic touch the top of the cream, let it finish cooling at room temperature.
- Finally, take it out, fill the shells with a pipe, and garnish as you please!
I love these Mini Fillo Shells! They can be stored at room temperature or in the freezer. They taste great and they are perfect for parties and special occasions.