The vanilla gelato cake with strawberry sauce, strawberries, and figs is a dessert that is perfect for a (COVID precautioned) summer party with a small group of friends.
This cake has a crumbled biscuit base with layers of fresh homemade gelato which can be any flavor you wish!
So, you can try out different ice cream flavors when any occasions pop up!
The process is very fast, despite not having an ice cream maker. The also doesn’t need to be ice constantly monitored or turned, and you do not need any gel since it will come out creamy without any unpleasant lumpiness.
As a decoration, I chose to use fresh figs and strawberries from which I also made a sauce with in order to season the gelato, but if you prefer other types of fruit, use those at your disposal.
Vanilla Gelato Cake with Strawberries and Figs
- 150 g honey graham crackers 5.3 oz
- 70 g melted butter 5 tbsp
- 350 ml whipping cream 1 1/2 cup
- 300 g sweetened condensed milk 1cup
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoons Rum
- 100 g of fresh strawberries 3.5 oz
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 50 g fresh strawberries for garnish 1.75 oz
- 3 figs
- pistachio grains
- Finely chop the cookies using a kitchen mixer.
- Transfer them to a bowl and add the melted butter creating a homogeneous mixture.
- Then pour the mixture into an 8-inch diameter springform pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Press down with the back of a spoon to make it compact and in order to obtain a regular and uniform base.
- Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream.
- Pour the condensed milk into a bowl, add the vanilla seeds and the spoon of rum, mix well.
- Add the whipped cream to the condensed milk mixture a little at a time, so that it does not break down.
- As you can see, I did not add sugar to the cream because the condensed milk is very sweet.
- Then pour the cream you just made over the layer of biscuits and leveling it well with a spatula.
- let it rest in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- To prepare the strawberry sauce, start washing the strawberries well, remove the leaves and pat them dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut the strawberries coarsely into pieces.
- Put the strawberries into the blender and add the icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Blend well with an immersion mixer to obtain a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Now it’s ready to be poured on your vanilla ice cream cake.
- For cake decoration cut a fig into four pieces and do the same to the strawberries.
- Place them strategically around the cake, sprinkle the pistachio grains, and you’re done.